Scott and Sharon

A blog about two people who fell in love by the grace of God.

Monday, February 18, 2008

Why I Love Sharon Kay Colyer


  1. Jesus Christ is her sufficiency. She loves Him for real.
  2. She responds to biblical truth, and it impacts her life in real-time.
  3. She loves to worship God.
  4. Her heart is on-beyond huge and she is so naturally kind.
  5. She is, very particular, about, proper, use of commas. ;-)
  6. She puts ginger on top of the Sushi. (That's just wrong.)
  7. She makes pillows by hand, and handles a sewing machine like Basie handled a big band.
  8. When she sings, she sounds wonderfully like Carly Simon.
  9. She loves virtually anything with sauce.
  10. She has discovered the virtues of OSX.
  11. She is so crazy beautiful to me - and her blue eyes are my addiction.
  12. She can tell you molecular stuff about hair and make it fascinating.
  13. She can work a hard twelve hour day and afterwards still smile and be sweet.
  14. Wow can she cook.
  15. She knows what good music is - in any style.
  16. This is a woman of courage.
  17. I love the sound of her voice - and the words that she chooses throughout the day.
  18. She records her OGM almost everyday.
  19. She has lovely handwriting. I marvel.
  20. She has the prettiest hands I've ever seen.
  21. I love her family too. They are so fun.
I can not wait to be married to this unique and precious treasure of a woman!

Prov. 18:22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD.

Thank you, Lord Jesus my Savior, for Sharon Kay Colyer.

8 comments:

rick said...

I love the Basie comment, and of course OSX ;-).

It was great seeing you at NAMM and catching up some. You look GREAT. God's grace is amazing, isn't it brother?

Hope to see you again soon.

Scott F. said...

Thanks Rick. It was so great to see you!

John and Trudy Feyereisen said...

Hi Scott,

I found your new blog! It's been awhile, and much has happened - congratulations, brother, to you and Sharon...

I'm thrilled for your both! Please give our love to your new fiancee - she sounds like a definate keeper, though I must admit my musical ignorance when I tell you I don't know what either OSX or OGM are for sure :).

Has the big day been set yet? Blessings on you and Sharon, Scott.

BlogieMoe said...

I too love this gal named Sharon Kay Colyer. She is my sister in Christ. I have yet to meet Sharon face to face but no matter, I have seen the two of you at Grace and the joy seen in your faces says it all. How wonderful our Lord is to fill us with our need is such a wonder way. You Scott have been blessed and you are now being blessed even in a greater way. I am thrilled to know of this great beginning that you and Sharon are walking for the glory of our Lord.

Veralynn said...

Dear Mr. Scotty!

I am overwhelmed with the blessings God has given to you and Sharon! The joy on your faces says it all.

I am so happy for both of you, and I totally love how you put down all these great qualities about her (especially the commas- I connect with that)! In my mind, it helps connect an image with a personality- both seem fantastic!

Both of you are in my daily prayers!

Love from Munich,
Veralynn

P.S. Is she going to post a blog as well? That'd be cool. :)

Dirk said...

Anyone you love, we love, no questions asked.

Scott F. said...

Thanks friends! This is such an encouragement!

The Resident Writer said...

I must say, I teared up just a little when you mentioned Sharon's passion for comma usage. Has she read, "Eats, shoots, and leaves."? She'd love it.